Me: Hi, I’m Angela and I am a slicer!
Group: Hi Angela!
Me: I need to get some confessions off my chest.
1. On Monday I was so stressed and had limited time to write my slice. I started with the word stressed and it morphed into something that really didn’t happen. Wine! I didn’t even have a glass of wine, though I would have liked to. It was just a little party going on in my head. 🙂
2. Like many other things in my life, writing my slices is frequently done in 10 minutes or less. It’s just my personality. I like to get tasks completed quickly.
3. Monday I only commented on 2 slices. I never got my third one in.
4. I feel guilty when I don’t comment on slices written by everyone in my district. I want to read them all and give thoughtful feedback, but that rarely is a possibility unless I neglect other commitments, which I often do…Shhhh!
5. Bad feelings engulf me when someone comments on my post and I don’t comment on theirs. I often find myself finding their post to leave a comment.
6. There have been many days when I think I knew I shouldn’t have signed up for this challenge. I don’t have the time and I am turning out junk!
7. I feel that in my first year slicing, last year, I produced much better pieces. They were more detailed, more intimate and more thoughtful. I feel pretty boring this year.
8. I don’t know if I should acknowledge a piece of writing when I see someone whose blog posts I read, especially in front of others. Is it like going to an AA meeting where we don’t discuss it around others?
9. I feel like I strong-armed some into the challenge this year. Ooops! But, I only had good intentions.
10. I love the slice of life, I enjoy writing, reading, and commenting, but it’s one more responsibility. I am glad we are more than half-way done! 🙂